The School of Therapeutic
Reflexology and CE Classes
REFLEXOLOGY CONTINUING EDUCATION WORKSHOPS
Beginning Foot Reflexology
Workshop ~ 12 Hours
This course is designed to provide a "hand-on" workshop for the student. It provides the student with the beginning techniques of reflexology along with relaxation techniques. Each participant will see how the feet mirror the body; how to divide the foot into regions of the body and how to locate the reflexes. Learning what common types of foot pain people experience and how to relieve it is essential for anyone wanting to perform a reflexology session. The student will learn to apply thumb walking and thumb rotation techniques to stimulate the nervous system; generating an overall feeling of wellness.
1. Perform a one-hour reflexology treatment.
2. Connect the division of the foot to anatomical regions of the body.
3. Perform and explain the rotating thumb and thumb walking technique and understand the difference.
4. Demarcate, position and label reflexes on the feet and on chart.
Reflexology & Meridian
Workshop for the LMT
This course is intended to teach the Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) the pathways of the meridians and the location of the reflexes. This workshop is a hand-on class designed to teach how stimulating the neck, hip and back reflexes help release tension before the therapists even starts the body massage. Understanding what meridians run through what sections of the body will generate knowledge that will also assist in releasing tension in their clients bodies.
1. Recognize the reflexes in the feet that will help alleviate pain in the knee, hip, shoulder, neck and back.
2. Trace the meridians that run through the varies organs. For an example: the gallbladder meridian runs the hip joint.
3. Learn to apply techniques to relieve pain by stimulating the reflex and meridian points.
4. Understand how congestion along meridians occurs and how it effects the body.
Reflexology & the 5 Elements According to TCM
This class is mostly lecture with some hands on. The learner will understand the basics of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and how it can be combined with reflexology. The student will learn the 5 element theory and how it pertains to the overall health of the individual; how seasons effect the health of the physical body according to the meridians. Each participant will obtain the knowledge on how to see imbalances in the body by reading the hands, face and feet according to TCM. This information is astounding. The student will walk away with a new sense of wonder regarding the body and how easy it is to read and understand.
1. Relate nail conditions to the different meridians.
2. See different structural abnormality in the hands to the meridians and elements.
3. Notice visual markings in the face, hands and feet and understand how they relate to meridian imbalances.
4. Relate calluses, corns and other abnormalities to meridian congestion.